Wednesday, June 9, 2010

DETOX . day . one (and a half)

I woke up feeling great, slept SO well after my horrible night last night. Had my lemon water and was thinking "this is OK, I can do this!".

One hour later I had the herbal tea, peppermint tea, and it was yummy.

Then I threw 1/2 cup of mango, 1& 1/2 cups of coconut milk, and one scoop each of whey protein powder and pro-green powder. Put it in a travel mug and ran out the door with Ella on my hip a bag full of morning necessities, and my camera to bring Max to his LAST day of pre-school and Ella to her last day of music.

All was well until I was scheduled to drink the shake at 10am, at which time I was sitting in a crowded chapel with Ella bouncing around between my lap, my husbands lap, and my mother in laws lap. I chugged down the (nasty) shake (which gave me the chills) as fast as I could given the situation.

Then about 20 minutes into what was one of the best moments of my entire life, seeing Max up there on the stage with all of his friends singing songs and giving us goofy smiles... I began to feel - ILL-.

The feeling continued to get worse as the concert progressed, then Ella peed on my leg and I ended up chasing her around the back halls of the chapel while the concert ended. I could not take it anymore, I when to get Randy's attention and he took over! What a guy;) The nausea continued to get worse until I finally decided to eat something. I made the kids Bill Evan's Chicken Nuggets, ate a few, had a banana... and all was well.

I am sorry to report that I can not continue on this DETOX plan. It is not possible. But I feel like it definitely did some good for my body, I feel better- clearer. And I will just try to eat some things off of it (but not the protein shakes) and see how it goes.

I made the miso soup tonight for dinner and it was really really good.

Will see what I do tomorrow!

Liza

1 comment: